Antenatal classes for vaginal birth
If you are planning on having a vaginal birth, a VBAC (vaginal birth after a cesarean section), or a HBAC (home birth after c-section) then this will be the course option for you.
If you know it is likely you will be induced click here
. If you are pregnant with twins or triplets please click here
This course is suitable for all pregnant ladies regardless of type of birth, special circumstances or number of previous pregnancies. Parents who have found their previous birth traumatic or felt the experience wasn't as positive as it could of been have really found the course useful with changing their next birth experience.
If nearer to your baby's birth you start to consider an induction or a planned (elective) c-section then we can look at the additional courses on offer to ensure you are getting the support you want or need.
What is the course duration?
The course is covered over 10 teaching hours. Normally this is over 4 x 2 1/2 hour sessions, for private classes this can be flexible. Please click here
for upcoming course dates.
What does the course cover?
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme materials
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Acknowledging Pain
- Mind / Body connection
- Defining Hypnosis
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Interventions explained
- Benefits of a natural birth
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- The mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down - birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
What is included in the course?
10 hours teaching time
The Wise Hippo Manual
9 MP3's - birth affirmations mp3
relax with nature mp3
background music mp3
cloak of protection mp3
bond and breathe mp3
cove of confidence mp3
sea of serenity mp3
post body birth nurturing mp3
post body c-section nurturing mp3
Access to the "hip club" facebook page
On-going support via email text or phone as you require up to and after baby is born.
How much does it cost?
Group £199 per couple*
Private £350 per couple*
Place secured with a £50 non refundable deposit.
* Please click here
for a special offers and a full list of course fees.
What are the next course dates?
Friday 16 August - 6 to 8.30pm
Sunday 1 September
Friday 6 September
Friday 13 September
Sunday 15 September - 6 to 8.30pm
Sunday 22 September
Sunday 29 September
Sunday 6 October
Sunday 13 October - 6 to 8.30pm
Sunday 20 October
Sunday 27 October
Sunday 3 November
Sunday 10 November - 6 to 8.30pm
Sunday 24 November
Sunday 1 December
Sunday 8 December
For private courses please contact me to discuss a mutually convenient date and time.
I can be contacted for a chat on 01246 768140 or 07746 860304 or if you prefer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org